Seeking experienced case managers to facilitate integrated care in the areas of living, learning, working and socialization by assessing client needs, evaluating treatment options, creating service plans, coordinating cae, linking to services, and reviewing case progress to promote safety and well-being. They work closely with multi-disciplinary team members such as physicians, APRNs, mental health and other health care professionals, as well as family and friends of clients to ensure clients are supported and can acieve the best outcomes. Case managers will coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client-centered. Case managers will assist clients with improving their overall functioning through identification of strengths, weaknesses, abilities and preferences in order to attain future goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess the client needs and client’s existing resources.
- Facilitate client access to resources, including those provided by social service providers and governmentally fund programs, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, relevant mental health services.
- Assist client to develop resources and establish contact with social support networks.
- Coordinates and monitors services, including comprehensive tracking of client activities in relation to service plan.
- Assist clients in developing goals and areas of need, and assists in developing service plans which are assessed regularly; conducts medication and mental status assessment and determines required level and frequency of services.
- Document all client encounters and contacts made on behalf of clients within twenty-four (24) hours of encounter.
- Maintain comprehensive client files, which may include documents held for safekeeping on behalf of the client.
- Identify the need for and make arrangements for emergency crisis services as necessary; make immediate clinical assessments and respond according to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinate other services as appropriate.
- Evaluate effectiveness of service plan and progress made by client and participate in client service planning and case review with client care providers as necessary and appropriate.
- Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding programs and client services.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Have knowledge of available resources in the services area for adults with serious mental disturbances and substance use disorders.
- Applicant must have applicable knowledge of Medicaid rules for Targeted Case Management service delivery when providing services to Medicaid enrolled client;
- Must have knowledge of and apply recovery-based principles and practices in service delivery that includes addressing and documenting the client’s needs, strengths, abilities, barriers and preferences;
- Must be knowledgeable of community resources;
- Must be able to work with indiviuals who have a mental health disability;
- Applicant must have or agree to obtain the CBHCM certification provided by the Florida Certification Board within three months of initially providing Medicaid services;
- Must be reliable and a team player;
- Ability to provide services in the client’s home, or in other community settings;
- Ability to attend team meetings, supervision meetings, and trainings according to the agency needs;
- Has knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and ability to recognize signs and/or symptoms of psychiatric illness;
- Have problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in time efficiently; Develops solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations; use logic and reasoning.
- Bachelor’s dgree in counseling, social work, psyhology, criminal justice, nursing, special education, health education, or a related human services field (a related human services field is one which major course work includes the study of human behavior and development) and have a minimum of one year of full time or equivalent experience working with adults with serioius emotional disturbances.
- Ability to write reports and document clinical activities and effectively communicate verbally with, provide information to, and respond to questions from managers, patients, service providers, managed care entities, family members, and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in case manangement
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Must be able to pass a level II background
- Dependable, analytical and able to manage multiple
- Flexible schedule, and travel as needed
- Have experience in community outreach