IHCS is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Therapist/Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Master Level Counselor or Social Worker to work in our integrated care setting to provide behavioral services to children, adolescents, adults and families, conduct brief interventions; participate in providers and treatment team meetings; complete assessments with accurate DSM5 diagnoses and develop multi-disciplinary treatment plans; working knowledge of mental health and substance use disorders; stablize high risk individuals; provide case management and work in collaboration with agencies and organizations in the community and monitor and support services provided by the psychiatric team.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct clinical services, crisis intervention,and individual/group therapy to persons served in accordance with professional standards and company policies.
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical documentation and reports of activities, as well as participate in staff meetings and training programs.
- Perform mental health screening of potential patients and make recommendations for admission acceptance or rejection.
- Maintain a clinical caseload.
- Recommend follow-up treatment for new admissions with Axis I or II diagnosis.
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy, and oter clinical services as requested.
- Maintain current, accurate and confidential clinical documentation and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Hold clients accountable when necessary for inappropriate or negative behaviors, and utilize effective confrontation techniques and behavior interventions to help improve behavior.
- Ensure program quality and integrity through effective compliance with contracting and licensing agency established guidelines.
- Participate in staff meetings and training exercises as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Have knowledge of available resources in the services area for adults with serious mental disturbances and substance use disorders.
- Applicant must have applicable knowledge of Medicaid rules for Targeted Case Management service delivery when providing services to Medicaid enrolled client;
- Must have knowledge of and apply recovery-based principles and practices in service delivery that includes addressing and documenting the client’s needs, strengths, abilities, barriers and preferences;
- Must be knowledgeable of community resources;
- Must be able to work with indiviuals who have a mental health disability;
- Applicant must have or agree to obtain the CBHCM certification provided by the Florida Certification Board within three months of initially providing Medicaid services;
- Must be reliable and a team player;
- Ability to provide services in the client’s home, or in other community settings;
- Ability to attend team meetings, supervision meetings, and trainings according to the agency needs;
- Has knowledge of psychiatric diagnosis and ability to recognize signs and/or symptoms of psychiatric illness;
- Have problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in time efficiently; Develops solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations; use logic and reasoning.
- Must be licensed or license eligible in the state of Florida.
- Biligual required; English/Creole
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must have familiarity with telehealth, legal and ethical standards.
- Must have familiarity with issues concerning serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring disorder, family dynamics and domestic violence.
- Must have familiarity with issues relating to criminogenic needs.
- Must have knowledge of the implementation of therapeutc process group relating to mental health modalities, substance abuse, recovery and relapse prevention.