Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment and counsel patients. Order and interpret test results and recommend treatment of patients. Administer therapeutic procedures. Prescribe therapy or medication within scope of APRN protocol filed with state of Florida.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records
- Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives
- Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy within the agency, state medical information requirements and HIPAA guidelines
- May mentor or act as working supervisor to registered nurses, LPNs, unlicensed assistive personnel and support staff consistent with local and state guidelines
- Maintains current knowledge of health risk indicators related services and risk reduction activities of this and other agencies in Palm Beach County, and is able to educate others about it
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, standard nursing protocol and the legal implications of nursing practice, including statutes and regulations relevant to advanced practice nursing
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, with or without the use of an interpreter
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using the English language, with or without the use of auxiliary aids or services
- Ability to review, understand, and apply concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature
- Ability to endure short, intermittent, and/or long periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
- Transport him/herself to other departments, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-site locations to accomplish job responsibilities, attend meetings, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, g. pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboard, telephone and personal protective equipment, etc.
- Current active advanced practice registered nurse
- Master’s degree in nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university with a clinical specialty area in advanced nursing practice; or Post-master’s certificate awarding academic credit by a college or university related to the advanced practitioner registered nurse
- Minimum of 2 years nursing
- Public Health nursing (desired).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication
- Dependable, analytical and able to manage multiple
- Flexible schedule, allowing for weekends or evenings and travel as needed
Experience working in a Mobile Unit preferred